Time & date formats
In order to give the maximum flexibility and not reinvent the wheel, prodalist use a common programming format for setting the times and date.
In variable and all places permitting to add automatically current date and/or time, following special charaters can be entered:
- h = the hours in one digit or two digits depending on value. Range is 1-12.
- hh = the hours in two digits. Range is 01-12.
- H = as “h”, but with a 0-23 range
- HH = as “hh”, but with a 00-23 range
- d = the numeric value for the day of the month. It will be one or two digits long.
- dd = similar as a single d, except there are always two digits, with a leading 0 prepended if necessary.
- ddd = three-letter string that indicates the current day of the week.
- dddd = full string for the day of the week, as “Monday”
- M & MM = the months in numeric form. One M does not have a leading zero on it. Two Ms have a leading zero
- MMM = three-letter form of the month, as “Jan”
- MMMM = full month string, as “January”
Note: Date + Time + your spacing + your character separators can be mixed at will
Tip: in international catalogs, do NOT use formats that have an output specific to language (“Saturday”, “Monday” …)
- “YYmmDD” –> could print “20170615” (without brakets)
- “YY-mm-DD HH:mm:SS” –> could print “2017-06-15 20:35:12” (without brakets)